Markers tested: APOE gene, high sensitivity-CRP, and Vitamin D
Available across US except in NY, NJ, MD, RI and MA.
Using saliva and a blood sample, the test will check your APOE gene marker, high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) and Vitamin D levels to assess your risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
FREE Shipping both ways. Physician reviewed report from world-class CLIA-certified labs.
Easy, Fast, Reliable and requires just a few steps:
1. Order Online
2. Receive The Kit And Collect Sample At Home
3. Ship It Back For FREE To Our World-Class CLIA Labs
4. Receive Secure, Confidential, & Easy-To-Understand Report Within Days
You can also test for APOE and MTHFR genes independently.
Questions? Contact Us. Text: 971-205-2185 (9 am – 6 pm PST).
What is an Alzheimer’s and Dementia Risk Test?
Alzheimer’s disease is the third largest cause of death in America, after cardiovascular disease and cancer. Although the cause of Alzheimer’s remains unknown, research suggests people with APOE (apo-lipo-protein E) E4 alleles are at much higher risk. Studies show chronic inflammation, low vitamin D, and other hormonal deficiencies can accelerate early onset of cognitive decline.
The Alzheimer’s and Dementia Risk Test is an at-home health test that checks for APOE genotype to predict your genetic inclination for Alzheimer’s. It also check for vitamin D deficiency and elevated c-reactive protein (hs-CRP) as an indication of inflammation. The test uses a saliva swab AND a few drops of blood using a finger prick lancet.
Why measure APOE?
APOE is a major genetic risk factor for early stage neuro-de-generative disease. Studies show that people carrying the E4 allele pair have a higher prevalence of Alzheimer’s disease (at 91%) and much lower mean age of onset (at 68 years of age). In comparison, for those carrying E2 pair, the rate is approximately 20% and mean age at onset about 84 years.
Read our detailed reports on:
How to check the risk of Alzheimer’s disease at home?
You can order an easy, low-cost test for your risk of cognitive decline without going to a doctor or lab. Order a test kit online, collect a few drops of blood on a tissue paper (using a finger prick) AND few swabs of saliva, send your sample to our CLIA-certified labs, and find out your risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia in few days.
Be informed, read more…
Our thoroughly researched articles are easy to read and review latest research in the field. Go deeper with data-driven information on some of the most common tests and up-to-date research. You can read them anytime from the menu at the top.
Stay on top for the latest news and research by following the Alzheimer’s Association.
Q: Can I purchase the test across US?
A: Except New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Maryland our tests are available in all 46 states. State regulations in NY, NJ, RI, and MD do not allow us to ship the tests to their residents.
Q: What does the kit contain and how do I use it?
A: The kit for our Alzheimer’s and Dementia Risk Test contains few saliva swabs, and blood card to collect few droplets of blood, a pair of lancets for finger-pricking, instructions on how to collect the sample, and a form requesting basic information including date and time of collection. The directions are straight forward and easy to follow.
Q: How long does it take to receive the results?
A: You will receive the kit within 3-5 business days with a prepaid return envelope. After you ship the sample and it is received by our lab, you get the results within 8-10 business days.
Q: What do I expect from the report?
A: The report with your test results will be easy to understand and will have all the necessary details. It will mark your genotype for Alzheimer’s risk as well as Vitamin D and hs-CRP levels on a range expected for healthy levels. The report will also specify what are the expected low and high ranges. It will briefly discuss what your numbers mean and what next steps should be taken to maintain healthy Vitamin D and hs-CRP levels.
Q: Can I use my insurance to pay for the test?
A: You can use HSA (or FSA/MSA/HRA) accounts to pay for the tests since these are prescription tests (for further confirmation, please check the IRS publication#969). However, please ensure you are not going outside your specified max and min deductible limits. We do not have the capability to process the insurance claim. Insurance plans vary by individuals, therefore we can not guarantee your HSA payment will always be processed by your plan. Please talk to your insurance provider if you have any further concerns.
Q: How reliable are my results?
A: We have partnered with CLIA-certified labs that are used by physicians across the US. These labs are regulated by the states, as well as Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Majority of the tests from these labs are FDA approved to ensure they meet the proper regulatory requirements. Additionally, the College of American Pathologists (CAP) requires inter-laboratory tests to ensure the ranges established by each lab do not drift or are not out of acceptable ranges. This is done by regularly testing reference samples between different labs. Finally, the labs test thousands of sample for different age groups and health conditions, and have well established reference data to compare your results against this large pool.
Q: Can you recommend what therapy should I take if my levels are high or low?
A: Unfortunately, no. As a lab test provider we can only test and report out data from your samples. We are not authorized to provide any medical recommendations. But we strongly encourage you to discuss the results with your doctor for next steps. For checking for inflammation, the CDC recommends testing hs-CRP levels twice within a period of two weeks to check for chronic inflammation.
Reasons to Check
5 reasons to know your Alzheimer’s and Dementia risk:
- An at-home Alzheimer’s and Dementia Risk test ordered online from your home can help check your risk of cognitive decline as well for low levels of inflammations that otherwise have no visible symptoms.
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Risk test from RxHomeTest.com measures genetic risk as well as inflammation in the body that can help you understand the potential risks of dementia and cardiovascular diseases arising from any inflammation of coronary arteries.
- High levels of CRP are indicators of several autoimmune diseases that result in chronic inflammation not easily identifiable in any other way.
- Our test can help you assess your genetic risk factors for cognitive decline right from the comfort of your home.
- Better health results in better quality of life, and a single at-home Alzheimer’s and Dementia Risk test from RxHomeTest.com can offer insight not only into various health symptoms, but it can serve as a motivation to treat each of these symptoms and have a better quality of life!
Why with Us?
7 reasons to order an Alzheimer’s and Dementia Risk test kit from RxHomeTest.com:
- No lab visits or doctor appointments
- Saliva and Dry blood test (needs just few drops with a finger prick along with a saliva swab)
- World class CLIA-certified labs
- Physician reviewed results
- Fast, secure, and confidential reports
- Free shipping
- Qualifies for payment using HSA/FSA
Still wondering where to get an Alzheimer’s and Dementia Risk test?
- Each at-home health test from RxHomeTest.com includes a physician’s prescription and review of the final results. All orders include a detailed report with your genetic, inflammation and vitamin D test results explained clearly in a manner that you can understand. If you believe you might be observing a cognitive decline, this low cost is test is the best way to find out.
- RxHomeTest.com is one of the best places to test as we process your tests at some of the best CLIA-Certified labs that other physicians use but no lab or doctor visit is required. So rest assured that your is being processed in a world class lab.
- RxHomeTest.com offers one of the best tests for Genetics, Inflammation and Vitamin D with convenient, confidential, and reliable results at some of the lowest prices in the market.
- At-home Alzheimer’s and Dementia Risk test is quick and easy, can be ordered online, and doesn’t require a doctor’s visit or prescription. This saves time and money on visits to the doctor and the lab.
- We use the latest technology and work extra hard to secure all your information and will never share it with third parties.