Markers tested: FSH
Available across US except in NY, NJ, MD and RI.
This women’s health test measures follicle stimulating hormone with a finger prick sample. Tested at World-Class CLIA-certified labs.
Fast, Easy, and Reliable:
1. Order Online
2. Receive The Kit And Collect Sample At Home
3. Ship It Back For FREE To Our World-Class CLIA Labs
4. Receive Secure, Confidential, & Easy-To-Understand Report Within Days
FREE Shipping both ways and physician reviewed report. Questions? Contact Us. Text: 971-205-2185 (9a-6p PST).
What is an Ovarian Reserve Test?
The test measures FSH levels during day 3-to-5 after the menstrual cycle.
Why you need to measure FSH levels?
For women planning to have a baby, abnormal FSH levels make it difficult to get pregnant.
Low levels might affect the egg causing infertility. Higher levels are known to cause ovarian malfunction and are also observed during menopause. The test also helps check for the rare conditions of Turner syndrome (abnormally high FSH levels) and Kallman’s syndrome (abnormally low FSH levels).
Consistently high FSH levels combined with irregular or no menstrual cycle are indication of menopause.
Who should take the test?
- Those having trouble getting pregnant, as abnormal levels interfere with conceiving
- Women over 40 to assess their menopausal status
- Anyone with abnormal periods as FSH might interfere in regular cycles
- Those with problems with hypothalamus or pituitary glands as they may have abnormal FSH levels
- Anyone suspecting cyst in ovaries as abnormal FSH levels might cause PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Men suspecting fertility related problems, as FSH affects testosterone levels and might cause infertility
- Teens with delayed or early puberty since youth development is closely associated with FSH levels
How to get tested for infertility or abnormal FSH levels?
The easiest low-cost way to get tested for possible infertility is by ordering an Ovarian Reserve Test kit from the convenience of your home. Simply order the kit online, collect the sample at home, ship it for free to our world class CLIA-certified labs and receive the physician reviewed test reports within few days.
Want to Learn More?
For a detailed reference on FSH and it’s role in fertility and menopause, please read more at the North American Menopause Society.
Q: Can I purchase the test across US?
A: Except New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Maryland our tests are available in all 46 states. State regulations in NY, NJ, RI, and MD do not allow us to ship the tests to their residents.
Q: What does the kit contain and how do I use it?
A: The kit contains: (1) blood card to collect few drops of blood; (2) a pair of lancets for finger-pricking; (3) instructions on how to collect the sample; (4) a pre-paid return envelope; and (5) a form requesting basic information including date and time of collection. The directions are straight forward and easy to follow.
Q: How long does it take to receive the results?
A: You will receive the kit within 3-5 business days. Once you ship the sample with our prepaid return envelope and it is received by our lab, you get the results within 5-7 business days.
Q: What do I expect from the report?
A: The report will list your FSH levels on a health range. It will be easy to understand and will provide all the necessary details about FSH.
Q: Can I use my insurance to pay for the test?
A: You can use HSA (or FSA/MSA/HRA) accounts to pay for the tests since these are prescription tests (for further confirmation, please check the IRS publication#969). However, please ensure you are not going outside your specified max and min deductible limits. We do not have the capability to process the insurance claim. Insurance plans vary by individuals, therefore we can not guarantee your HSA payment will always be processed by your plan. Please talk to your insurance provider if you have any further concerns.
Q: How reliable are my results?
A: For testing your samples, we have partnered with CLIA-certified labs that are used by physicians across the US. These labs are regulated by the states, as well as Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Majority of the tests from these labs are FDA approved to ensure they meet the proper regulatory requirements. Additionally, the College of American Pathologists (CAP) requires inter-laboratory tests to ensure the ranges established by each lab do not drift or are not out of acceptable ranges. This is done by regularly testing reference samples between different labs. Finally, the labs test thousands of sample for different age groups and health conditions, and have well established reference data to compare your results against this large pool.
Reasons to Check
5 reasons to check your food sensitivity:
- Checking FSH levels may help women who are trying to get pregnant because abnormal levels can interfere with conceiving
- The test is a very useful indicator for anyone over the age of 40 to assess their menopausal status
- Abnormal FSH levels interfere with normal periods and an Ovarian Reserve Test might help diagnose the problem; it can also help diagnose PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) as abnormal FSH levels might cause cyst in the ovaries
- Problems with hypothalamus or pituitary glands might show up as abnormal FSH levels during the test; delayed or early puberty in teens is also associated with abnormal FSH levels
- In men, FSH levels affect testosterone levels and might contribute to infertility
Why with Us?
7 reasons to order an Ovarian Reserve test kit from RxHomeTest.com:
- No lab visits or doctor appointments
- Dry blood test (needs just few drops with a finger prick)
- World class CLIA-certified labs
- Physician reviewed results
- Fast, secure, and confidential reports
- Free shipping
- Qualifies for payment using HSA/FSA
Still wondering where to get tested for Ovarian Reserve from home?
- Every report includes a physician’s prescription and detailed review of the results that are confidentially delivered to you
- RxHomeTest.com processes your tests at the same world class CLIA-Certified labs that doctors use.
- We offer convenient and reliable results with transparent pricing at some of the lowest costs in the market.
- You can order the test online, without requiring a doctor’s visit or prescription, which saves time and money on visits to the doctor and the lab.
- Our test kit needs just a few drops of blood using a finger prick instead of vials of blood–great for those afraid of drawing blood using needles.