Why to use an At Home Metabolism Test?
A healthy metabolism is key to our well being and impacts our energy, weight, and overall health. With age, our metabolism slows down and it helps to know whether key hormones responsible for healthy metabolism are within expected range of our age group.
Poor metabolism can result in weight gain, fatigue, muscle weakness, and mood swings.
What specific markers are tested for metabolism test and why?
The test measures three key hormones responsible for a healthy metabolism:
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH): Thyroid plays a very important role in healthy appetite and metabolism. Low TSH levels result in slow metabolism, weight gain, loss of appetite, and fatigue.
- Testosterone: Although considered a male sexual hormone, testosterone is critical for building muscles and bones in men and women. Low testosterone results in muscle loss and fat build up, especially around the waist. As part of the natural aging process, testosterone levels decline and the test will compare your levels against men and women of your age group.
- Cortisol: This stress hormone is responsible for fat accumulation in the body. While testosterone helps builds muscles, cortisol is responsible for muscle break down and raising sugar levels. A balanced cortisol and testosterone ratio is crucial for healthy metabolism.
The saliva sample will measure cortisol and testosterone levels. The blood sample will test for TSH.
Separately, you can also order a comprehensive Thyroid test, a 24 hour Cortisol test and a Testosterone test.
How to get tested for metabolism?
The easiest low-cost way to get tested for a healthy metabolism is from the convenience of your home. Simply order a metabolism test kit, collect a few drops of blood on a tissue paper and saliva in a vial, send your sample to our CLIA-certified labs, and find out your key hormone levels in less than a week.
For a detailed reference for each of the hormones tested in a Metabolism test, you can read our blog pages: All About Thyroid, All About Testosterone, All About Cortisol. Learn more about the role of metabolism on diabetes here.
Q: Can I purchase the test across US?
A: Except New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Maryland our tests are available in all 46 states. State regulations in NY, NJ, RI, and MD do not allow us to ship the tests to their residents.
Q: What does the kit contain and how do I use it?
A: The kit for our Metabolism test at home contains a vial to collect saliva, a blood card to collect few droplets of blood, a pair of lancets for finger-pricking, instructions on how to collect the samples, and a form requesting basic information including date and time of collection. The directions are straight forward and easy to follow.
Q: How long does it take to receive the results?
A: You will receive the kit within 3-5 business days with a prepaid return envelope. After you ship the sample and it is received by our lab, you get the results within 5 business days.
Q: What do I expect from the report?
A: The report with your test results will be easy to understand and will have all the necessary details. It will mark your levels on a healthy range for your age. The report will also specify what are the expected low and high ranges. It will briefly discuss what your numbers mean and what next steps should be taken to maintain healthy levels.
Q: Can I use my insurance to pay for the test?
A: You can use HSA (or FSA/MSA/HRA) accounts to pay for the tests since these are prescription tests (for further confirmation, please check the IRS publication#969). However, please ensure you are not going outside your specified max and min deductible limits. We do not have the capability to process the insurance claim. Since insurance plans vary for individuals we can not guarantee your HSA payment will always be processed by your plan. We suggest talking to your insurance provider if you have any questions.
Q: How reliable are my results?
A: We have partnered with CLIA-certified labs that are used by physicians across the US. These labs are regulated by the states, as well as Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Majority of the tests from these labs are FDA approved to ensure they meet the proper regulatory requirements. Additionally, the College of American Pathologists (CAP) requires inter-laboratory tests to ensure the ranges established by each lab do not drift or are not out of acceptable ranges. This is done by regularly testing reference samples between different labs. Finally, the labs test thousands of sample for different age groups and health conditions, and have well established reference data to compare your results against this large pool.
Q: Can you recommend what therapy should I take if my levels are low?
A: Unfortunately, no. As a lab test provider we can only test and report out data from your samples. We are not authorized to provide any medical recommendations. But we strongly encourage you to discuss the results with your doctor for next steps.
Reasons to Check
5 reasons to know about your metabolism:
- A quick Metabolism test ordered online from home can guide you in maintaining your energy, weight, and bone and muscle health.
- At-home Metabolism test from RxHomeTest.com can help you understand any unexpected weight gain, especially around the waist.
- Low testosterone and high cortisol levels result in weak bones and muscles. They are also responsible in fat accumulation in the body.
- An at-home Metabolism test can help assess key hormone levels for elderly and those with extra weight. Due to age and fat accumulation they might be more susceptible to hormonal imbalances.
- Better health results in better quality of life, and a single at-home Metabolism test from RxHomeTest.com can offer insight not only into various health symptoms, but it can serve as a motivation to treat each of these symptoms and have a better quality of life!
Why with Us?
7 reasons to order an at-home Metabolism test kit from RxHomeTest.com:
Saliva and dry blood test (few drops with a finger prick)
World class CLIA-certified labs
Physician reviewed results
Fast, secure, and confidential reports
Qualifies for payment using HSA/FSA
No lab visits or doctor appointments
Still wondering where to get tested for Metabolism from home?
- Each at-home health test from RxHomeTest.com includes a physician’s prescription and review of the final results. All orders include a detailed report with your test results explained clearly in a manner that you can understand.
- RxHomeTest.com is one of the best places to get your hormone levels tested as we process your at-home Metabolism tests at the same CLIA-Certified labs that other physicians use but no lab or doctor visit is required. So rest assured that your tests are being processed in a world class lab.
- RxHomeTest.com offers one of the best tests for Metabolism with convenient, confidential, and reliable results at some of the lowest prices in the market.
- At-home Metabolism test is quick and easy, can be ordered online, and doesn’t require a doctor’s visit or prescription. This saves time and money on visits to the doctor and the lab.
- The at-home Metabolism test ordered at RxHomeTest.com, requires a small vial of saliva and just few drops of blood using a finger-prick (instead of vials of blood taken through venipuncture). The test includes a doctor’s prescription and review, two day free return shipping, and you get results within a week.