Markers tested: MTHFR gene
Available across US except in NY, NJ, MD, RI and MA.
The test will check your MTHFR gene marker using a saliva swab.
Includes FREE Shipping both ways. Tested at world-class CLIA-certified labs.
Easy, Fast, Reliable and requires just a few steps:
1. Order Online
2. Receive The Kit And Collect Sample At Home
3. Ship It Back For FREE To Our World-Class CLIA Labs
4. Receive Secure, Confidential, & Easy-To-Understand Report Within Days
Questions? Contact Us. Text: 971-205-2185 (9 am – 6 pm PST).
Markers tested: MTHFR
What is an MTHFR?
MTHFR (methyele-tetra-hydro-folate reductase) is a gene responsible for helping our bodies make proteins.
It is specifically important to digest folate (vitamin B9), and helps regulate homo-cysteine levels.
MTHFR is also important for digesting the drug metho-trexate, used in rheumatoid arthritis and chemotherapy.
Why measure MTHFR?
MTHFR gene has been associated with possible risks of multiple conditions including heart disease, stroke, and high blood pressure. Certain variations of the gene have shown to increase homocysteine levels that can further exacerbate heart related problems.
Anyone with a family history of adverse effects to methotrexate should check for their genotype.
Using a saliva swab, the MTHFR genetic test will check MTHFR genes to predict your hereditary inclination for Alzheimer’s and the ability to digest vitamin B9.
Read our detailed reports on:
How to check the risk of cardiovascular disease at home?
You can order an easy, low-cost test to assess the risk of cardiovascular diseases without going to a doctor or lab. Order a test kit online, collect saliva with few swabs, send your sample to our CLIA-certified labs, and find out your genetic risk in few days.
Want to learn more?
Our thoroughly researched articles are easy to read and review the latest research in the field. Go deeper with data-driven information on some of the most common tests and up-to-date research. You can read them anytime from the menu at the top.
Stay on top for the latest news and research about MTHFR at the NIH Genetics Home Reference.
Q: Can I purchase the test across US?
A: Except New York, New Jersey, Rhode Island, and Maryland our tests are available in all 46 states. State regulations in NY, NJ, RI, and MD do not allow us to ship the tests to their residents.
Q: What does the kit contain and how do I use it?
A: The kit for our MTHFR Genetic Test contains: (1) few saliva swabs; (2) instructions on how to collect the sample; and (3) a form requesting basic information including date and time of collection. The directions are straight forward and easy to follow.
Q: How long does it take to receive the results?
A: You will receive the kit within 3-5 business days with a prepaid return envelope. After you ship the sample and it is received by our lab, you receive the results within 8-10 business days.
Q: What do I expect from the report?
A: The report with your test results will be easy to understand and will have all the necessary details. It will mark your genotype for the risk of cardiovascular disease. It will briefly discuss what they mean.
Q: Can I use my insurance to pay for the test?
A: No. We do not have the capability to process the insurance claim. Insurance plans vary by individuals and may not pay for genetic testing. Please talk to your insurance provider if you have any further concerns.
Q: How reliable are my results?
A: We have partnered with CLIA-certified labs that are used by physicians across the US. These labs are regulated by the states, as well as Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Majority of the tests from these labs are FDA approved to ensure they meet the proper regulatory requirements. Additionally, the College of American Pathologists (CAP) requires inter-laboratory tests to ensure the ranges established by each lab do not drift or are not out of acceptable ranges. This is done by regularly testing reference samples between different labs. Finally, the labs test thousands of sample for different age groups and health conditions, and have well established reference data to compare your results against this large pool.
Q: Can you recommend what therapy should I take if my levels are high or low?
A: Unfortunately, no. As a lab test provider we can only test and report out data from your samples. We are not authorized to provide any medical recommendations. But we strongly encourage you to discuss the results with your doctor for next steps.
Reasons to Check
5 reasons to know about your MTHFR gene:
- An at-home MTHFR genetic test ordered online from your home can help check your potential risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- MTHFR genetic test from RxHomeTest.com help understand the potential risks of homocysteine and methotrexate.
- Those with certain versions of MTHFR inherit an increased risk of developing cardiovascular disease and can be checked with the test.
- Our test can help you assess your risk factors right from the comfort of your home.
- Better health results in better quality of life, and a single at-home MTHFR genetic test from RxHomeTest.com can offer insight not only into various health symptoms, but it can serve as a motivation to treat each of these symptoms and have a better quality of life!
Why with Us?
Reasons to order an MTHFR Genetic Risk test kit from RxHomeTest.com:
- No lab visits or doctor appointments
- Saliva test (no finger pricks and blood sample)
- World class CLIA-certified labs
- Transparent pricing
- Fast, secure, and confidential reports
- Free shipping both ways
Still wondering where to get an MTHFR genetic test?
- Each at-home health test from RxHomeTest.com includes a detailed review of the final results. All orders include a comprehensive report with your genetic test results explained clearly in a manner that you can understand. If you believe you have a family history of cardiovascular disease, this low cost is test is the best way to find out.
- RxHomeTest.com is one of the best places to test as we process your tests at some of the best CLIA-certified labs that other physicians use but no lab or doctor visit is required. So rest assured that your is being processed in a world class lab.
- RxHomeTest.com offers one of the best tests for Genetics, with convenient, confidential, and reliable results at some of the lowest prices in the market.
- At-home MTHFR genetic test is quick and easy, can be ordered online, and doesn’t require a doctor’s visit or prescription. This saves time and money on visits to the doctor and the lab.
- We use the latest technology and work hard to secure all your information and will never share it with third parties.